Monday, August 1, 2011

So in about three hours I will be loaded in a car on my way to my first youth camp where I will spend five days with 50 teenagers, the hot sun and lots of Jesus. Yes, I'm excited. A little nervous, too. In honor of this I've decided to write a blog so my number one fan has a little surprise since she won't see me all week. Course I have no idea what I'm writing about, so I'm just going to keep typing until this thing seems complete.
I guess I could and talk about how much of an amazing weekend I had with two amazing friends. It's not often I take a weekend and do absolutely nothing. It's definitely good for the soul. Jesus did it often and really, I should be following His example and withdrawing from the craziness of the crowds. Maybe if I were to fit more of these weekends into my schedule, weekends filled with friends and Jesus, I wouldn't get quite so stressed.
You also need good friends. I've written on this before, but it's on my mind. Friends who are going to be blunt with you when you're being an idiot. And love ya while doing it. Ones who will quote Winnie the Pooh quotes even though you roll your eyes. (OK, I'm not really sure I know how to roll my eyes.) Friends who will swim with ya and cheer while you touch a wall. Yay number one fan!!
One whole weekend with good talks. I feel refreshed and ready for anything. Maybe even youth camp.
Oh! And as if that wasn't enough Jesus was all showing off Friday night with some shooting stars. They were beautiful.
Ahhh, what a weekend.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment