Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Review of The Sacred Meal

Well first off, I lost this book for months and finally found it stashed away while moving. My favorite part of this book is its cover, which makes it look really nice sitting on the back of my toilet or on my coffee table. I guess that sounds bad for the book, but it’s really pretty. OK, the book I’m talking about is “The Sacred Meal” by Nora Gallagher, a commentary on communion. Booksneeze.com sent this book to me by request. It was a good read despite losing the book for so long. The author describes her experiences with communion and how it relates to Christianity and the world. I disagreed with her on several things and a couple of comments made were wrong. I actually was talking to a friend after reading this, and she laughed at me as I explained it. I did like the way the author wrote and how she described her experiences with communion. The best way I could described it is poetic and mystical. Afterward I was ready to go talk to my pastor about taking communion more in our church. I think one of the things I was expecting was more of a history and a way of communion. It’s more of a “these are my experiences” and a relation to Christianity book. Overall, I did enjoy. And the cover is pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment