Monday, December 26, 2011

Review of Nearing Home

I just finished reading Billy Graham’s “Nearing Home,” which I received from booksneeze.com. This is the first time I’ve read something by Billy Graham, and I have to admit it was amazing. He is a great writer, even at 92. It is amazing how easily his faith bleeds through the pages and he can’t help, but add the gospel into this book on aging well. He used several good stories to show what to do and not to do. All subjects in the book Graham has experienced, and he writes as an authority on the subject. I don’t think you could be too young to read this book, despite its topic. We are all going to get old one day and Graham shows how to do it for the glory of God. He covers topics such as aging, handling grief, comforting others and, of course, the gospel. It didn’t take me long to read this book of 180 pages. All it took was one good rainy afternoon and I zoomed through it. It was hard to put down. I’m eager to pass this book on to my grandmother, although I think she may know a whole lot on this subject. I’m hoping I’ll be able to find more books by Billy Graham because he is such a good writer. I encourage this book for everyone, no matter the age. At some point, everything in this book will be encountered by every individual. Unfortunately, we aren’t getting any younger so we might as well do it for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment