Monday, April 23, 2012

Review of a Book About C.S. Lewis

In “Surprised by Laughter: The Comic Life of C.S. Lewis” by Terry Linvall, the sense of humor of C. S. Lewis is studied in depth and ranges from his choice in books to his love of life. I was captivated by Linvall’s knowledge of C.S. Lewis and his works. Lewis is fascinating and by looking at how much he loved life, one easily sees Christ in the world. Linvall covers so many topics. While reading about the humor of C.S. Lewis, the reader is able to think of his or her own view of life and how it relates to Christ. I highly encourage this book for any fan of C.S. Lewis. I have to warn you it isn’t an overnight read. I’ve had this book since Christmas and have diligently read each chapter. I am short a few chapters, but have a decent idea of the book. With approximately 450 pages stocked with information is a tough read. Although this looks like a literary dull study of Lewis, Linvall makes each page interesting and leaves you longing for more. Although you may be bored if looking for a great fiction story, this book is perfect for the historian who loves Lewis. I received this book from booksneeze.com. One funny story: the cover of this book just looks smart. One weekend I was having some friends over and I decided while cleaning to toss it on my coffee table in the middle of the living room. One of my friends picks up and I later teased I only sat it there to make myself look smarter. Hey, I need all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment