Friday, May 4, 2012

Review of The Truth About Forgiveness

When I received “The Truth About Forgiveness” by John MacArthur, I wasn’t expecting the volume of truth that’s bound in this tiny book. Only a little more than 100 pages, this book is a quick read. It’ll impact you completely with its amount of basic doctrine and the in-your-face way MacArthur places it to you. MacArthur uses plenty of scripture to back each statement made. It’s biblically backed. The other weekend I heard a radio commercial for a local church which claimed it didn’t use guilt in its messages. In this church they only show the love of Jesus. This book destroys the message of this commercial because without repentance there can be no salvation. MacArthur also uses stories of Jesus to back the point such as the paraplegic who He forgave then healed and the Pharisees reaction to the forgiveness. Forgiveness is laid out raw through this book. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will probably read it again. I’ve bragged on this book to a few friends. I’ve only read one other book by MacArthur, so I can’t really tell if it follows in his style of writing. I can say it is incredible and I love how he speaks on the forgiveness given by Jesus. He’s incredibly straightforward in a world where many weave around the truth. I plan on checking out the other two books in the series. These books will reveal truth to you concerning forgiveness. Through this book, forgiveness becomes much more real. I received this book from booksneeze.com to review, but the opinion is my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment