Monday, April 19, 2010

Another Day

Last week I had a really amazing ride! I was riding Bullseye with no one else around on the doctor's trails, which doesn't seem to happen to often lately. Brittany was riding with me for a little while and I keep inviting other people over to ride. Anyway, we went out and I rode around the trials. The ground has finally dried completely out so I don't to worry about Bullseye sinking in. I got into the pasture and ran him back anf forth and practiced turning at faster gaits. He does well at turning. It's the brakes that don't work too well. After riding to the part I like to call the clover patch, I rode him back to the big pasture. I worked on his 'brakes' the whole way over there. I think he finally started to understand the concept of STOP when I pull back. I was having to spin him in circles to get him stopped. Anyway. This one section I always open Star up. It's about a tenth or more long. You can't get her to stop going down it. I took him to the top of it and opened him up. And he flew. Except for one time when he tried to jump on Ruby. I can't tell who's faster, him or Star. I really want to race them one day. They run different. He's short lengthwise, but he has a lot of power. Star is longer, half-Throughbred, a barrel racer and just like to run. Bullseye's ADD kicks in sometimes. I'm going to have to get Brittany out there with me and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment