Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Slow runs

Something I've learned about myself recently: when I run somewhere new, I always run way slower than my normal pace. I just returned from running in a neighbourhood near my gma's house. I think it's supposed to be 1.5 miles. I know I didn't run it in 15 minutes. At least, I didn't time myself, but by looking at the clock... (I did feel good when I got back from it. This morning it rained and cooled everything down outside.) The same thing happened the other day when I added an extra .5 miles to my run. I'm going to have to learn to actually pace myself and keep my speed up. I have less than a month before the 5Ks start by the monkey park. I plan to run them with or without the rest of my family. I'm starting to think I'll be able to. It'll just be slow and embarrassing. At least for me. When I'm running I think about a couple of stories I've read in magazines of ladies in their 60s beginning to run and now they're doing marathons. I'm hoping in a few years I'll be running in marathons, but I'd also like to have a little speed on me. Maybe one day even win something. It would be nice to enter something I can win. I'm starting to think I'm never going to start barrel racing. I guess I can start on that when I'm 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment