Friday, April 16, 2010

Everyone Communicates, Few Connect by John C. Maxwell Review

This morning, after a quick breakfast and a stroll with the Chihuahua, I finished the last chapter of Everyone Communicates, Few Connect by John C. Maxwell. I have to admit, it is my favorite book I have reviewed for booksneeze.com. I picked it out based on the cover and because I had heard good things about Maxwell. At the same time, I have always been cautious when it comes to motivation books concerning leadership. There is no way a person can pick up a 400-page book and become a leader. Maxwell's book surprised me and I found great respect for him. He didn't make out like its an instantaneous experience becoming a leader or to even communicate with other people. He used many quotes, lots of ideas and a few good jokes to make his point. Through the whole book, he was very open about both his strengths in weaknesses and used his own experiences to help you relate. At first, I felt this was a little arrogant. When I realized he was using it to help the reader, I appreciated his personal experiences. This book can help a person, not only with large audiences or in corporations, but also as a spouse, parent or friend. There are several skills in the book that, although can't be applied instaneously, will help in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment