Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tase Me, Bro

May 4. The date which will live in infamy. Our youth pastor, Daniel, and his two trusty sidekicks (why he gets two, I don't understand) have agreed to be tased if 175 students show up our church. It has me thinking what would I do to see one kid get saved. I mean, look up pictures of people getting tased. It ain't pretty. Go grab an electric fence for crying out loud. (Did that accidentally this morning) How many youth groups tase their ministers?
Now back to the question: what would you do to see someone saved? To see someone come to a relationship with Jesus.
Now there are being people, family and friends, who I want and pray to see come to this. But how far will I go to see it come to pass. If you haven't noticed I'm just trying to tell someone about Jesus. But would I allow myself to get tased? Heck yea!
Actually getting tased may not be the worse thing to experience. Now...would I move to Africa? Dance like a fool? Learn Japanese?
This is a big deal. We're talking about a distinct line between your family going to heaven or hell. How far will you go to make sure they come to love Jesus and except Him as Lord of their life?
The pain of being tased can't last more than a few seconds...unless...we'll leave that out. An eternity in hell last, well, an eternity.
I don't want my friends, family....anybody....suffering through that.
So go ahead and tase me  (or Daniel) if it means someone lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment