Thursday, April 21, 2011

ClicK

You know it's really simple. All I I have to do is obey Him. He's going to take care of me if I'll just be patient. Maybe He's only giving one step at a time. If that's all He's showing then it's the step I should take. He's been around a lot longer than I have. Who am I to second guess Him?
So I'm trying to branch out into this photography business. Honestly it's kinda funny I'm trying to do it. I used to admire people's work and never thought it was for me. Who could enjoy making people pose while you take pictures? Well...that person would be me.
The thing is, I'm really not looking to make a ton of money. Yes, a profit might be nice. That isn't the point. God's given me a gift and a nice camera. I want to use it to glorify His name. I want to bless people. And I also love doing it. It's amazing how much I like doing it. The only thing I could compare it to is riding horses, but it's still a different love than that. It's amazing to look at a picture and think, hey, I did that.
Also, I named my business In His Image. It's a funny story. One day last week I was trying to come up with a name, because I didn't want anything to cliched. I talked to Heather and had one name in mind, but it didn't feel right. When I arrived at work I flipped over the devotional I have on my desk and it was about how God created me and you in His image. It was absolutely amazing. I knew right then what the name would be. Well I questioned some important people but consensus says: In His Image!

Genesis 1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment