Monday, April 4, 2011

What are you waiting for?

I wanted to write this a few weeks ago, but my schedule and brain have both been a little crazy. It still rattles my mind and am now sitting down to do it if I don't get distracted by food or a storm. Every Wednesday and Monday night, after church/ bible study, I pass by a bar which I will leave unnamed for this blog. This unnamed bar always has a full parking lot on these nights I pass it. The only time it isn't full is Sunday...for obvious reasons. Everytime I look at it and think about stopping. No, not for a quick shot of Jack Daniels and a game of pool. How many lost people are sitting in there at that moment? Laughing and drinking and pretending to have a good time. If you like the bar scene, that's fine I guess. But every bar I've been in has left me feeling saddened for the locals. It's a dressing scene. Everyone drinking. Fake laughter...or what I call fake laughter. Anything assisted with the use of a substance is a little fake. I don't have anything against drinking either. I've had a few drinks before, not to the point of intoxication, but I have drank. Alcohol is fine; it's what they're be serving at the great banquet in heaven. When it gets to where you have to have it to have a good time, there's a problem. I don't need to get on that box. Actually I'm way off subject.
What if I walked into that bar and began telling people about Jesus? Or began building relationships so I can share the gospel? It's a thought. I never stop and do it. For one, some one from church would see my truck there.
Once a friend of mine had the title of this as her text signature and it made me think. What am I waiting for? In spreading the gospel. The bar is just a starting point, but how many other situations am I in where I can share the gospel.
Check out ugbcopelika.com and listen to this week's sermons because it gets more indepth...as a side note.

I've talked about Jesus and church and the Bible with people, but I've never shared the gospel outside of a few events. I keep making it a challenge to tell someone about about Jesus. But when. I don't want these people to go to hell. What am I waiting for? They aren't going to ask me. I've only had one person ask to go to my church...never someone ask who this Jesus is. I have to make the step to speak to them. Whether it's in a bar or at my job or when it's running a 5 K.
           What am I waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment