Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Explanation

To whom it may concer,
Although it is not needed, I think I might need to explain. Some people just misunderstand my reasons behind my decision. I listen to Christian music and I like it. And yes, I completely gave up listening to secular music. This does not mean I hate secular music. In fact, I still like many songs although not as much as I use too. I also don't think you're going to hell because you listen to it. That's not my decision to make and I don't know your heart. That's something you have to take up with God. I'm not going to condemn you or judge you. You can listen to whatever you want to; I don't care. You also don't have to change the station, although I'd prefer not listening to stuff with cussing or sexual innuendos.
The reason I switched and cut secular music out is for the glory of God. Simple as that. Christian music focuses my attention on God. And let's face it, I love singing about Jesus. Like 88.7 says daily, it's uplifting. I want my Lord to be glorified in everything I do and I can't listen to music that doesn't do that anymore. It's not you, it's me. Like David Platt said in a sermon I listened to the other day, the closer you get to Jesus, the more like Him you'll become.
One musician, Bach, said something, roughly paraphrased, on the subject. What's the point of music if it doesn't glorify God?
So here's the reason: I love Jesus! I'm radically in love with Him. I'm not saying you aren't, but this is how I express it.
Sorry if you didn't understand and I hope you do now.

Love,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment