Saturday, January 15, 2011

Review of Then Sings My Soul by Robert Morgan

I have to admit, I’m not quite finished with Then Sings My Soul by Robert Morgan, but I’m almost there. I have high praise for this book, which gives a story for each of the hymns presented in the book or their authors. It contains approximately 150 hymns, most I’ve heard of and sang in church and some I haven’t. You can tell the author did his research on each song. The stories are in depth and interesting. I’m reading a few each night. I could see using some of the stories in a sermon, if I ever became a preacher woman (not really happening…it’s a joke). I think if you love music or just learning the history of something you would like this book. God has moved in powerful ways in the lives of these men and women featured in the books with their hymns. It’s amazing how God brought these songs into creation, like Silent Night. This hymn appeared because the church organ broke before the Christmas Eve service and the men never knew it would spread like it did. I plan on sharing this book with a lady at my church who loves hymns and music. I think you would enjoy it to. I received it from booksneeze.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment