Saturday, January 15, 2011

God's Girls Conference

Today I was able to go with my grandma to the God's Girls Conference led my Ms. Jackie. Ms Jackie is a wonderful woman of God who I have come to love and admire. She wrote a good book, which I read before I met her. It covers her life, how she came to God and how she's been living for Him. I highly recommend it; just ask me when you see me and I'll see if I can get you a copy.
Anyway, the Spirit really moved at this conference today. The speakers, Ms Jackie and one of her friends, had so much to say and you could see their love for Jesus. I hope people can look at me and say man, she really loves Jesus.
Ms. Jackie spoke about suddenly moments. You know, those moments when God just moves and suddenly something happens and nothing will ever be the same. Like that night when I lay on my couch watching a movie on Hallmark and cried out to God because I wanted to be doing something and felt like I was doing nothing. The next morning Amanda texted me and soon we were doing the Backyard Bible Club.
These moments come when you least expected and afterward life will never be the same. And you don't want them to go back to normal. Like the crippled lady in Luke 13. When Jesus came into her life, everything in her life changed. It's those suddenly moments that do make a difference.
 The second message was what really spoke to me. It was from 2 Samuel 21 when David repaid the Gibeonites for what Saul did to them. The reason they got into their mess was because 200 years prior, Joshua did not consult with the Lord when the Gibeons came to him. It spoke to me because when I went to collage, I never consulted God. I don't regret it and I think it still was right, but what difference would it have made if I had. Maybe I wasn't supposed to go into jounalism. There's no telling what God would have said. For now on, though, I will take every matter to Him. I'm human and could mess up, but everything should go before my Lord. He knows the right way I should go.
I have no idea where my next step will lead me. I'm hoping Kenya, but there is no telling. Only Jesus knows where God's name can be glorified most in my life.

God is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment