Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Musical Testimony

OK, so some people get really crazy with this and I have nothing wrong with secular music. I mean it took me a while to get to this point (2 years) and I'll still hear it and start singing along. I also wrote a blog about it. Anyway, about two years ago I felt I should stop listening to my secular music. It was one of those pressing on your heart moments. So I went through my music and got rid of the worse stuff. At that I was content. I listened to country music and classic rock...for the most part. Some of it I had to change the station. I also listened to the majority of Christian, but I would alternate stations and whatnot. So a few months ago, my Ladies Bible Study did a 40 day fast of different stuff for a reason. I fasted all books with the exception of the Bible (that's a whole nother story). Honestly I had been thinking of getting rid of the rest of my secular music too. At this point I only listened to the majority of Christian music. I had maybe 10 secular albums on my Ipod and I would flip to different stations sometimes on my radio. Anyway...bc I get sidetracked...my friend Kayla did fast secular music. We joked she could only listen to Chris Tomlin. Ms. Jerri, the woman who leads our study, said something powerful ab it and I can't remember what it was, but it struck me and when I got home I opened to where I was reading in I think Levitus where God's telling the Isrealites "hey, I told y'all to take out all these other communities but you left em. Now they're going to be a thrown in your sides" (Megan paraphrase) So I knew I had to get rid of what was left and it was surprisingly easy. Like, I love "Jesus musik" (That's a song, btw) I love praising God and it makes me focus on Him. I feel like I can better glorify His name listening to music prasing Him. This is also my story and I have nothing against anyone else listening to it. You aren't going to hell bc you listen to secular music. You'll go to hell bc you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus. I have to agree I'm passionate about music. Love it!! Any more q's, feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment